Visit a mission-field, get a taste of the harvest, touch lives and get impacted for life!
“Operation Joshua (OJ)” are short-term outreaches designed to enable Christians take advantage of their leave or holidays to get involved in one of our mission fields in over 22 countries of Africa and the Arab world. For a week or up to six months participants can make a vital contribution through evangelism in Botswana, teaching computer to Somali refugees in Kenya, prayer walks in Senegal, practical help to the needy in Malawi, or just get exposure to a new culture. Training in the form of orientation before the outreach is provided to help prepare participants.
The great commission provides enough room for everyone to participate. Moses, Aaron and Hur raised the staff as Joshua fought the Amalekites. Operation Joshua (OJ) is a short-term missions program designed to enable committed Christians take advantage of their leave or holidays to visit our mission fields for periods of two weeks to six months.
OJ provides you an opportunity to:
- Acquire a personnel experience of the mission-field situation first hand.
- Use your skills and talent to further the work of missions.
- Experience an environment to help you confirm God’s calling to long-term missions.
- Build friendship with missionaries and among the Unreached peoples being visited.
- Help encourage the missionaries, share the burdens of their work and bring back first hand information to your local church.
CAPRO’s Short-Term Missions desk offers you the unique opportunity to get first hand information on how to minister life along with the missionaries among the Unreached peoples.
Duration: A week to six months.
Time: Several OJs are organized each year. Apply to get a list of dates of upcoming OJs. It is also possible to organize special OJs for individuals, groups and churches.
Cost: O.J. is self sponsored and the amount depends on the outreach spot chosen.